Public Works Projects
LIAM offers competitive bids on federal, state and municipal contracts involving new and renovated buildings, structures and utilities. We are a registered SBA and WBE.
Public Works Contractor. We are a bonded contractor and we are:
- Registered with the DPM&C (Department of Property Management and Construction) to perform Public Work Contracts for the State/County/Municipal divisions.
- Registered with NJSAVI (New Jersey Selective Assistance Vendor Information)
- Registered as a SBE (Small Business Enterprise)
- Registered as a WBE (Women Business Enterprise)
- Registered/Licensed as a Home Repair Contractor with the State of NJ Dept. of Banking and Insurance
- Registered as a Public Works Contractor with the State of NJ Dept. of Labor and Workforce Development / Division of Wage and Hour Compliance
- Registered with the NJSDA (New Jersey Schools Development Authority) to perform work in the Public School Systems
Definition of Public Contracts Work: Public work means any construction, reconstruction, demolition, alteration or repair work, or maintenance work done under contract and paid for in whole or in part out of the funds of the public body, except work performed under a rehabilitation program. Public work also means construction, reconstruction, demolition, alteration, or repair work done on any property or premises, whether or not the work is paid from public funds, if at the time of entering into the contract: Public works projects subject to the Act are those funded in whole or in part with the funds of a public body. Contracts awarded directly by municipal government must be valued at $14,187 or more to be covered by the Act. For all other public entities, including municipal utility authorities and boards of education, the threshold is $2,000.
Small Business Set-aside The State of New Jersey small business set-aside program was established with the goal of awarding 25 percent of state contracting and purchase order dollars to small businesses. By registering your small business with the State Small Business Set Aside Program, through the Division of Revenue, your company becomes a member of a limited group of vendors eligible to participate in these selected contract offerings.